I designed gm_jentmap to be a sort of entmap; the kind of map that you would use in the original EntMod for Half Life 1.
- Spawn Room separate from the “outside world”; the spawn room is isolated from the construction areas, and as such, upon joining, the user is not subjected to the immediate lag of the contraptions up top. It is also considered a no-build zone, even though there is no mechanism in place to guarantee this.
- Special Props – these props, located in one of the underground rooms, can only be moved with a special tool, the entmover. In Garry’s Mod 10, however, these can be moved by the physgun ( if the limited physgun restriction isn’t in place ), and as such, are somewhat obsolete.
- Underground Tunnels and Build Rooms – these are isolated from each other and the main outdoor build area, so that builders can build in peace and quiet, and with minimal lag.
- Small Ocean – For the submarines.
- Heavily Optimized – I made this map on a GeForce 5200fx.
gm_hugeexmap was my design that competed with the bland gm_hugeflatgrass ( an obvious influence on my map’s name. However, my nickname used to be Exitus – hence the “ex”. ). It features a huge outdoor area, a small portion of that being a 4×4 off-road area, and a huge ocean with epic depth, for those submarine builds. It also has a few easter eggs, but I’ll let you find those. It was also heavily optimized, as I designed it on a computer with a GeForce 5200fx.